But without the cheesy talking car or the "Hoff", I launched from The Buckley last night at 6:35 with the hopes of getting ahead of the incoming storm. Sounds like my timing was perfect and I missed the Washington rain. Of course now I'm heading into a heat wave in the Midwest and the weather is expected to be well above 100 for several days. I'll be employing the Dallas Earl strategy...Leave early, finish early, stay hydrated! (right Dallas?)
Because I left after having Dinner with Jessica and her kids, much of my ride was after dusk. I rarely ride at night but thoroughly enjoy doing so. Riding at night is risky, the animals start crossing the roads at dusk and it's more difficult to see crap and pot holes in the roadway. Watching the sun set and the nearly full moon come into full view is always amazing on a bike. With each turn, it looked like I would be rained on but it never happened. As I rode across the Columbia and into Pendleton, Oregon I watched a lighting storm ahead of me. Bright flashes all the way into town...it was AWESOME!
Home of the famous Pendleton Roundup and Pendleton Blanket made by the Pendleton Woolen Mill, it's a pretty cool city. I'll be launching from here to Ogden Utah where I'll meet up with good friends Al and Penny for the rest of the trip to the East Coast.
Today's mileage 292
Today's iPod song of the day: Shoot to Thrill by AC/DC (hey you have to start a good trip with a great rock song!)
No comments:
Post a Comment