Today marks two weeks on the road and saying goodbye to Al and Penny as we go in different directions since they live in Arizona. We pulled out of Erie and made our way around Lake Michigan and into Chicago. This is where the wheels fell off the bus! Al and Penny are running the entire Route 66 so they can really "Get their Kicks". The starting point is the Art institute of Chicago which is right downtown. Just for fun, we decided to join them. Okay there was NO FUN in it! Dodging taxi cabs, cars, buses and pedestrians I would put Chicago drivers 10 times more dangerous than Seattle drivers.Apparently, the moisture from Lake Michigan causes unique electrical problems in motor vehicles which disables turn signals while at the same time causing car horns to spontaneously honk just because. After one loop around the Art Institute and pondering whether I had enough bullets to escape this city, iback to the freeway we went. But not before sharing some thoughts and opinions I had with a motorcyclist weaving between cars and nearly side swiping me. Al and Penny were gobbled up by traffic and never to be seen again until he posted a picture posing under a large statue holding a....oh never mind!
Once Jess and I escaped the afternoon traffic snarl of Chicago, we turned West and entered Wisconsin, staying overnight near a tourist town called Wisconsin Dells.
Miles today = 632
Total mileage = 4,897
States visited = 21
Bullets Used = 0 (restraint is not easy!)
No comments:
Post a Comment